Steve Harvey has amazing advice for you in this video! Maybe you want to hear this, maybe you need to hear this!
So what does this video have to do with being organized and this BLOG?
Perhaps you have struggled with being disorganized all your life, or since a life event changed the way you live and you aren’t happy or satisfied with the outcome.
You know what you would like but you let yourself stay stuck because of inaction. Take a leap of faith – whatever that may be for you. Start by changing something, because we know expecting a different result of the same actions is the definition of insanity. So if you want change in 2017, do something different.
Here are a few suggestions I can start you off with:
- if you tend to hold onto everything, choose just one thing you DO NOT use to donate to someone who could use it and then realize how it feels that day, a week later and a month later (I promise, you will not miss it)
- if you feel guilty parting with gifts you received but never used, liked or wanted, try to recall who gifted you those items and ask yourself, “Did I receive joy in receiving this gift?”. If the answer is yes, then it has served it’s purpose and now someone else can love it and use it
- take some action, any action (your choice).
- ask for help from a professional (you’ll be happy you did, nobody ever regrets getting organized)
- think positively – rather than repeating to yourself the things you don’t like about disorganized, repeat an affirmation that is more positive, uplifting and motivating. And just because you didn’t start yesterday, last week or last year, doesn’t mean you can’t start today. So give yourself a break and start NOW.
Here are some affirmations to read daily…until you start to take action. Repeat them until they become your truth (fake it until you make it).
- I don’t have to do it all at once, just take one action at a time.*
- I can see how my interest in different hobbies and subjects caused me to find things to support my interest.*
- I’ve been living with this for a while, and there’s no urgency here.*
- In the same way I enjoyed finding these things, I will also enjoy organizing them.*
- My ability to organize improves my productivity.†
- I organize my life so that I can relax knowing everything is in order.†
- I enjoy the feeling of having a tidy house.†